It is interesting to see how Mac users can rotate the limited storage of their hard drive. We all know that Mac offers a definite amount of storage in all the Mac versions whether it is Mac Book Pro, MacBook Air or iMac maybe. Limited availability of hard drive storage or we can say a single partition sometimes restricts users to make use of multiple operating systems on their Mac. It actually depends on the usage and purpose of users how they can manage their hard drive storage to complete their day to day work effectively. But one simple solution is to connect an external hard drive or an SSD in your Mac which somehow provides more space to work on.
However, when it comes to installing multiple operating systems than Mac users definitely need more partitions. It is not possible in any way to run multiple OS on the same partition and for that splitting the Mac hard drive is the only simple solution.
So check out the simple steps mentioned below which helps you create multiple partitions of your Mac computer.
Effective Steps To Create Partitions On Mac Using Disk Utility
- On your Mac simply open “finder” available in your dock.
- Now type “applications” and select the right option.
- In “applications” you need to select “utilities” folder from the drop-down menu.
- Now open “disk utility” and look for the icon of your Mac’s hard drive, probably it will come on the top of the list available in disk utility.
- Select the correct hard drive, alternatively, you can click the option “show all devices” to see the list of all partitions available on your Mac.
- The hard drive in your Mac might be named “fusion” or “Macintosh HD”.
- Then after click on the “partition” tab available on your Mac screen.
- After that simply click on the plus “(+)” button to create a new partition of your Mac hard drive.
- Now all you have to do is to provide a storage limit to the new partition you’ve just created, you can provide after checking the used space presented in blue color on your screen.
- After you finish the process to assign the required storage, simply provide one name to the partition.
- Then after click on “apply” button to save all the changes and to successfully creating a new partition on your Mac’s hard drive.
In order to install multiple OS on Mac, different Mac users can successfully create partitions on their Mac’s hard drive to complete the same. Whether to test a beta version on any Mac OS or to install the latest version of Windows creating partitions is necessary as you can’t run multiple OS on the same partition. Even after creating a partition you can edit the storage limit provided, but make sure to take a successful backup of your data just before starting the experiment.
John Council – a tech writer and author of many books, lives in San Francisco, C.A, who studied professional App development, impatient to explore technology and enthusiastically writes about tech blogs.