Google Photos is one of the best photo gallery apps that organizes your photos and syncs them to the cloud storage of your Google drive. It has an inbuilt feature of Face recognition that automatically arranges the photos in a group after recognizing and matching the faces of the photos. Google design’s the algorithm of its Face Recognition software in such a smart way that it easily distinguishes the faces of the person and group them accordingly.
This Face detection technology is very advanced but the only drawback is it only available for the US. Only the users of the United States can get the benefit of this amazing feature as it is yet not introduced in other countries. So it raises a huge demand for introducing this feature in other countries as well.
If you also want to use Google Photo’s face recognition feature even when you’re not residing in the US, so we have got good news for you. There is tweak by which you can use this feature from outside the US across the world. You can use a VPN app for this purpose. So here bring you the process by which you can achieve your task.
How to Enable Face Recognition Feature in Google Photos
Virtual Private Network (VPN) is very helpful for using the geo-restricted feature. It creates a virtual mask over the internet server and allows you to use the feature which is only for any specific areas. For using the face detection feature of Google Photos here we’re using a VPN app. So follow these simple steps in order to use the Face Detection feature of Google Photos.
- First of all, visit the settings.
- Look for the option that stores the information about your installed app. In some devices, it comes under the heading application while in others it is named as Downloaded or Installed apps. So select the option according to your device.
- From there, tap on “Photos” app by Google.
- Now, clear the app data. It will remove the data of the Google photos and reset it.
- After that, heads towards the Play store and download any VPN app like Hola or TunnelBear.
- Once installing the VPN app, connect it.
- It will dupe the server of the Google Photos app and disguise that you’re using the app from the US as it is the only country where face recognition feature works.
- Now, run the Google Photos app and go to Settings.
- From the Setting menu, select the option “Group Similar Faces”. It will group all the photos which have a similar face by matching them.
The Bottom Lines…
It is an amazing idea to use a VPN app for activating the face detection technology in Google Photos. The process of connecting the VPN server over the Internet is very easy to operate. It is not a time-consuming process, so you can try this. Also, using a VPN app gives its additional benefits. So it is a beneficial deal for you.
John Council – a tech writer and author of many books, lives in San Francisco, C.A, who studied professional App development, impatient to explore technology and enthusiastically writes about tech blogs.