Sometimes, an app may cause some problems in the performance of Mac. It might slow down the working of your device. Thus it is better to uninstall that app. It is a little difficult to install an app on PC, but uninstalling any apps is very easy in Mac. Unlike any other OS, Mac gives you the simplest way to removes applications which you don’t wish to maintain any longer. So, here we bring you a guide by which you can easily uninstall an app on Mac.
Guide to Uninstall Apps on MAC
For uninstalling any app on your Mac, we are sharing two easiest way for doing this. One is the traditional way of removing the apps and another one is through Launchpad. So here the methods by which you can uninstall an app from Mac.
The Traditional Way of Uninstalling Apps on MAC
It is a standard way of uninstalling an app on any Mac device. This method is suitable for almost every version of Mac. Simply follow these steps for removing any unwanted application.
- Head towards the Finder.
- Click on Application from the left edge of the finder.
- Opt for the app that you wish to uninstall.
- Now, right-click on the application and click on the option “Move to Trash”. Even you can directly drag the app to the Trash. There is short cut key to move any app to the trash, simply press “Command + Delete” keys and app will be moved to the trash.
- Now go to the Trash folder and right-click on it.
- Opt for the“Empty trash” from that of Drop down menu.
After that, the picked app will uninstall from your Mac device.
Uninstalling Apps using Launchpad
Alternatively, you can also use Launchpad to uninstall any apps that are installed via the Mac App Store. It will not work for third-party apps.
- Open the Launchpad from the dock of your Mac. Now a list of apps will get displayed.
- Click and hold the app which you want to uninstall until it jiggles.
- Now, click on the black X icon that appears on the app icon.
- It will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall the app, Click on Delete button.
The app that you select will uninstall from your Mac device. Similarly, you can repeat these steps to delete the app that you want to have in your Mac.
The Bottom Lines…
Whether you want to remove the problematic app or there is no need of using any app, whatever the reason may be, you’ve to uninstall the app on Mac, these two methods are beneficial for you. You can opt either of above-described methods to remove the app. So share your experience and tell us which one you find easier.
Philip, 26, works in a growing tech company in NY. His passion for technology made him a part-time tech blogger. At TutuApp, he writes about the latest Apps, newest tech updates, and App reviews.